Production Operative – Auto Electrician
Location: Sherburn in Elmet
Reporting to: Production Support Manager
The position entails working within a continuous assembly process and working with tools and machinery.
A formal apprenticeship is not essential; however auto electrical experience is essential.
To carry out the assigned role and complete the job operation to the process specification and quality standard, ensuring the continuance of the production flow process in terms of build quality and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out operation in line with identified job process
- Participate in process improvement activities through identification of process improvement opportunities
- Maintain cleanliness of immediate work area
- Basic care of any equipment required to carry out the job e.g. careful storage of air tools
- Care of components required in the build process
- Train other associates in assigned process
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are met
- Highlight quality problems and participate in the problem resolution process
- Learn a range of jobs within manufacturing
- Be prepared to respond to changing business needs e.g. requirement to work overtime, shifts etc
- You will need to have an understanding in the use of basic hand tools
- You must be experience in the use of handsaws, airs saws, and drills
- You will be able to read engineering drawings and layouts
This list is not exhaustive, the role may require other reasonable duties from time to time in line with needs of the business.
- A Qualification in Auto Electrics, Automotive, Heavy Plant or similar (for example, NVQ Level 3 Auto Engineering / Electrics, HNC Auto Engineering / Auto Technician)
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Computer diagnostic skills
- Familiar with good housekeeping practices (and or 5s)
- Level 2 Numeracy qualification or equivalent
- Level 2 Literacy qualification or equivalent
- A Qualification in high voltage including 17th Edition etc